Humungous Win- Script Contest
the contest looking for Family-friendly scripts for the whole family.
PRIZES & DEADLINES
The grand prize winner gets up to $1,500 worth of prizes which includes transportation to where the venue is being held (if they live in the USA), free venue entrance, reach out to movie producers and editors, and two nights stay in a Floridian hotel near the venue, lunch and dinner provided during their two days stay in Florida, and $200 spending cash to use for their stay in Florida (they will not receive money compensation from the hotel, flights, or meals if they choose not to accept them). The grand prize winner will be selected from the 20 sectional award winners. Everyone who wins in one of the sections will have the opportunity to have Humungous Win reach out to producers and editors on their behalf, be invited to attend the winner’s award festival on May 5th for free and receive special surprise prizes (if they agree to receiving them).
This year’s Venue: Der Dutchman, 3713 Bahia Vista Street
Sarasota, Florida 34232 United States. May 5th. 1-3:30pm. Delicious Amish Food Included.
2021 Grand Prize Winner- Steven Keith Bogart for his script “A Long Way Home” (Animation). Second Place Runner-Up- Paul Shiban (Award Winner in the Sci-Fi Movie Category) for his script “Escape from Everyworld”.
RULES FOR CONTEST
- No cussing and no sexual content.
- Submissions must be received on or before the time of 11:59pm NYT the date of their deadline.
- If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be given to the person who submits the project. Each team is responsible for dividing or sharing the prize money.
- It is recommended that original material be registered with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting to any competition, however we do not require registration.
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay, however it is not required.
- All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
- A writer who has earned more than $50,000 USD (or equivalent currency) from professional writing services for TV/film in the preceding year are not eligible to enter the contest.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English (occasional dialogue in other languages is acceptable, if subtitle translation is provided).
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this contest.
There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay and intellectual property must be wholly owned and submitted by the writer(s).
Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible.
- Persons are eligible to enter the contest who are 15 years or older.
- If a writing team wins the grand prize, only one may receive the provided free flight though all in the team can share the hotel provided for the winner.
- Prices are different if purchased on FilmFreeWay.com for Gold Members. You will not receive a discount or any money back if you purchase on here instead of on F.F.W.
Writers often ask if they can see their contest scorecards. But when taken out of context, the Judges’ scores are virtually meaningless. In fact, for most writers, seeing their scorecards without any explanation or clarification would only be confusing or discouraging, which would be counterproductive to our goals and yours.
This is why we do not send out raw scores. However, we do understand that many of you want to know what the Judges think of your script, which is why we offer you the opportunity to order Judge’s Feedback in conjunction with your contest entry.
HOW TO ENTER
If you have an outstanding script that can impress our audience and entertain our judges, then you are at the right place. the entrance procedure is simple, you have to click on the submit button from where you can select the categories on which you are willing to submit your screenwriting.
You can submit your writing according to your desired category, you also have an option to submit your work and with judges’ feedback, it will cost you $125 extra. To see the benefits with judges’ feedback submission click here
“Humungous Win Screenwriting Contest seeks to offer the largest prizes in the screenwriting contest market for shows and movies fit for all members in the family to watch. There are very few other contests that offer such large prizes and publicity for family-friendly screenwriter materials as Humungous Win Contest. We hope to bring more prizes and excitement in the family-friendly field of scriptwriting contests than any other has ever before. Thank you for entering our contest and we hope to see you in the near future.”